We understand that as a business owner, you’ve invested lots of time and hard work in making your business successful. We also understand the risk involved in the day-to-day operations of your business. This is why our commercial insurance specialists work with you to create customized solutions for all aspects of your business, to ensure that you are protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Who needs Retail Insurance?
A few types of businesses that may need this insurance coverage:
- Clothing store
- Specialty food store
- Pet food / supply store
- Office and stationery supplies store
Insurance solutions for businesses in the Retail Industry, generally include the following:
- Business Personal Property – Business personal property insurance provides coverage for the building, equipment, fixtures, furniture, merchandise, etc., identified in an insurance policy as owned by the insured and used in the business.
- Business Interruption Insurance – Business interruption insurance provides protection for your cash flow and your future earnings in the event of a fire or other disaster.
- Accounts Receivable Insurance – Accounts receivable insurance provides coverage in the event that a customer fails to make debt payments.
- General Liability Insurance – General liability insurance provides coverage if your business is found to be legally liable for damages caused by bodily injury or other physical injury, personal injury (including libel and slander), advertising injury property damage as a result of your products, premises or operations.
- Goods in Transit – Goods in transit insurance covers inventory or other merchandise shipped by the seller, but not yet received and accepted by the purchaser.
- Commercial Crime Coverage – Commercial crime policies are designed to insure against certain types of losses that are not covered by a standard commercial property policy, such as employee dishonesty, theft and forgery.
- Umbrella Insurance – Umbrella insurance serves as an additional layer of liability insurance. It protects your assets from major claims and lawsuits.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Commercial auto insurance provides coverage for physical damage and liability coverages for vehicles used for business purposes.
- Non-ownership Automobile – Non-owned vehicle insurance provides coverage when you or your employees use vehicles for your business that are not covered under your commercial auto insurance policy.
Given the complex and specialized nature of businesses within the retail industry, it is important that you speak with your insurance broker to make sure that you have the proper insurance coverages in place. Doing so will help protect your bottom lines and provide peace of mind. Contact one of our commercial insurance experts today to discuss options further.