The Sobeys Inc. Group Insurance Plan offers a broad selection of property insurance products to protect homes and properties. These product packages are designed with the policyholder in mind and offer excellent coverage, flexible choices, and the benefit of significantly discounted rates.
The product includes:
- Homeowners: insurance for those who own a single family dwelling, duplex, triplex, modular home, semi-detached or town home
- Builders Risk: a package designed for the individual who requires coverage for a dwelling during the construction period
- Condominium: insurance designed for contents, personal liability, and extra property limits (Including improvements and betterments, contingent loss and property loss assessments in accordance with Provincial Condominium Acts) and personal liability.
- Earthquake Coverage
- Coverage for jewelry, cameras, sports equipment, etc..
- Tenants: for individuals who require coverage while renting a dwelling from others
- Personal Umbrella Liability: provides excess liability coverage over primary liability
- Safe Harbor Yacht Package: covering water crafts, jet crafts and yachts
- Seasonal Dwellings: covering seasonal/vacation homes, trailers and campers
- Rented Dwellings: for individuals who are the owners of a rental unit(s)
- Increased Liability Limits: are available for those who require additional coverage
Auto insurance coverage is mandated by the government. Paying a high insurance premium doesn’t have to be the case if you participate in the Sobeys Inc. Group Insurance Program.
Within the program the following types of motor vehicles can be insured in the province of Alberta:
- Private passenger vehicles
- Antique vehicles
- Utility vehicles
- All-terrain vehicles
- Recreational vehicles including campers, trailers and motor homes
Sobeys Inc. Group Insurance Plan Benefits:
- Discounted rates could reduce insurance premiums dramatically
- Regular policy discounts are available on both property and auto policies in addition to an additional 20% group discount
- No interest or service charges/fees
- Potential savings of 3% of the total premium (most insurance companies charge service fees on payment plans)
- Licensed insurance agents provide professional insurance counseling
- Quality insurance protection
- Inter-company discounts are applicable for a variety of account and multi-vehicle scenarios
- Convenient payment plans with a variety of payment options
- Choice of flexible payment schedules to best meet policyholder’s needs. Payments can be made via Internet, payroll, telephone, ATM, financial institution, credit card, cheque or money order
- All current employees/members or retirees are eligible for the program
- Financial dependents residing in the same household are also eligible
- Fast, fair, courteous 24-hour claims service across North America, through one toll-free number
24 Hour Claims Service
Sobeys Inc. Group Insurance Plan policyholders have access to our 24 hour claims service across North America. Making a claim doesn’t have to be frustrating. You need qualified claims experts to ensure fast, quality service every time. Expert claims representatives will guide you through the process with all the tools and information you need.
- 24-hour claims service, 7-days a week
- 700 claims professionals servicing policyholders in several languages
- 15 claims service offices across Canada
- Catastrophe response teams
- Specialized units dedicated to ensuring you receive the right claims services specific to your needs