General liability insurance provides coverage if your business is found to be legally liable for damages caused by bodily injury or other physical injury, personal injury (including libel and slander), advertising injury property damage as a result of your products, premises or operations.
What does general liability insurance include?
- Personal and Advertising Injury – Protects against offences made by you or your staff during the course of business, such as libel, slander, disparagement or copyright infringement in advertisements.
- Defence Costs – Provides coverage for legal expenses for liability claims brought against your business, regardless of who is at fault.
- Medical Expenses – Provides coverage for medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises or by your products.
- Occupiers and Operations Liability – Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others on your premises or in conjunction with your business operations.
- Products Liability – Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others as a result of your products.
Who Needs It?
Every business, ranging from small business to large corporations, across every industry can benefit from general liability insurance.
It is important that you speak with your insurance broker to make sure that you have the proper insurance coverages in place. Doing so will help protect your bottom line and provide peace of mind.